(photo credit: KKL)
On Sunday, March 27, 2011, the KKL-JNF World Leadership Conference will open in Jerusalem, continuing until April 1, 2011. This is the sixth conference that KKL-JNF Israel is hosting, and 200 people from Israel and abroad will be participating in it.Main Trips During the Conference:
Honored guests at this year's KKL-JNF World Leadership Conference include the Prime Minister of Israel, Mr. Binyamin Netanyahu, the Speaker of the Knesset, Ministers, Knesset Members, Mayors, Heads of Regional Councils, Ambassadors from Israel and abroad, the Chief Rabbi of Israel, Rabbi Yonah Metzger, Eminent Donors and Academics.
For the first time at a KKL-JNF Leadership Conference, prominent donors from Israel will also be participating - businessmen, companies and private donors who contributed towards KKL-JNF's green projects throughout the country for the benefit of people and the environment. Israeli donors include the Deputy CEO of Teva Ltd., Mr. Arik Ya'ari, CEO of the Dan Hotel Chain, Mr. Ami Hirshstein, Deputy CEO of Migdal, Ltd., Mr. Doron Sapir, and private donors.
During the conference, there will be trips to Israel's central, northern and southern regions, along with discussions and workshops.
Some of the Special Events at the Conference:
- Tour of the fire damage at the Carmel Forest.
- Visit to the Knesset and meeting with the Speaker of the Knesset, Mr. Reuven Rivlin and Former Minister Mr. Yitzhak Herzog.
- Visit to the Hurva Synagogue and meeting with the Chief Rabbi of Israel, Rabbi Yonah Metzger.
- National Clean-Up Day activities – KKL-JNF leaders and conference participants will join National Clean-Up Day and help clean up at one of KKL-JNF's central projects in the south – Nahal Beersheva Park.
- Visit to the Beit Eshel project with the Mayor of Beersheva, Mr. Ruvik Danilovich.
- Visit to the Halutziot communities that were built for Gush Katif evacuees with the help of contributions from friends of KKL-JNF the world over.
Main Discussions at the Conference
- Opening night at the Jerusalem Botanical Gardens in the presence of the Mayor of Jerusalem, Mr. Nir Barkat, with musical entertainment by the Noari Givataiim Youth Choir. Greetings to conference participants from the President of Israel, Mr. Shimon Peres, will be presented at the event.
- Ambassadors' Gala, celebrating 110 years of KKL-JNF activities, in the presence of the Prime Minister of Israel, Mr. Binyamin Netanyahu, KKL-JNF World Chairman Mr. Efi Stenzler and Ambassadors to Israel.
- Evening in honor of the residents of Mitzpe Ramon at the Mitzpe Ramon promenade. KKL-JNF carried out a number of projects in this region on behalf of the local residents and the environment, which were accomplished thanks to the support of friends of KKL-JNF from the USA, Switzerland, Australia, Holland, France and the UK.
- Farewell event at Timna Park.
- KKL-JNF at 110 – 100% Israel – discussions on KKL-JNF fields of activity, including community forestry and international cooperation; the Carmel forest fire and rehabilitation plans; KKL-JNF – Israeli government relations; Israel to the Outside World.
- Negev and Arava – challenges and opportunities
- Israel's Water Crisis – KKL-JNF's multi-national scientific partnerships
- Young Leadership – change and innovation
- Projects and fundraising
Starting March 23, 2011, a pre-conference will be held for representatives of KKL-JNF offices from all over the world, who will be visiting special projects, including:
- Day trip focused on Urban Water Recycling – a visit to the KKL-JNF Hod Hasharon wetlands and the Kfar Saba Bio-Filter project. A visit to "A Better Place" – Israel's electric car center.
- Visit to Biriya Forest and the new "Shvil Hatzadikim" trail that was created with the help of friends of KKL-JNF from Latin America.
- Visit to the Shamir drilling site, a project to access a new water aquifer.
- Visit to Hula Lake Park.
Follow daily updates on KKL-JNF's Sixth World Leadership conference at KKL-JNF website www.kkl.org.il/eng
and at the Jerusalem Post: www.jpost.com/greenisrael
For Articles, comments or use please contact
KKL-JNF – Information and Publications
Phone: 972-2-6583354 Fax:972-2-6583493