Two elderly participants at a Holocaust survivors' conference held last week at Jerusalem's Renaissance Hotel were rushed to a hospital emergency room after suffering from food poisoning.
The Jerusalem District Health Office reported on Sunday that it was alerted to the problem, which affected numerous conference participants who stayed at the hotel.
An epidemiological investigation could not determine the exact number of victims, who suffered mostly from diarrhea and vomiting. The two who were brought to the emergency room were treated and then released.
A team from the District Health Office's environmental health department went to the hotel's kitchen and took food samples, but no results have yet been received. Judy Siegel
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>