170 Spanish peacekeepers land in Lebanon

By
September 28, 2006 11:02

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Dozens of Spanish troops disembarked from a Spanish military ship docked in the port of Beirut on Thursday, the latest reinforcements to a growing UN-led peacekeeping mission monitoring the cease-fire between Israel and Hezbollah guerrillas. Some 170 troops and engineers arrived in Lebanon, along with 35 containers of military and building materials and 15 vehicles, said Alberto Gonzales, an official working with the Spanish contingent in Lebanon. He said the troops would head to south Lebanon to join hundreds of other Spanish peacekeepers currently based near the Christian town of Marjayoun. Some 600 Spanish troops arrived in Lebanon earlier this month, in the first phase of a Spanish deployment eventually to total about 1,100 in the coming weeks.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

National security advisor John Bolton at press conference at King David
September 26, 2018
Bolton threatens Iranian generals: We will come after you

By MICHAEL WILNER