Afghan suicide blast kills 5 outside joint US-Afghan base

By
October 28, 2007 02:42

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

A suicide bomber wearing an Afghan security uniform detonated his explosives at the entrance to a combined US-Afghan base, killing four Afghan soldiers and a civilian, officials said. The bomber walked up to a security gate for Afghan soldiers outside Forward Operating Base Bermel in the eastern province of Paktika, near the border with Pakistan, NATO's International Security Assistance Force said. Four Afghan soldiers and one civilian were killed and six Afghans were wounded in the attack Saturday, NATO's International Security Assistance Force said. No Americans were hurt in the attack. It was not immediately clear if the bomber had been trying to gain entry to the base.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

 World War Two Norwegian resistance fighter Joachim Roenneberg holds up a Union flag, which had been
October 21, 2018
World War II hero who prevented Nazis from getting nuclear bomb dies

By REUTERS