A suicide bomber blew himself up outside a US military base in eastern Afghanistan on Tuesday, killing 10 people and wounding 14 others, an Afghan official said.
The bomber, who was also killed in the blast, approached a group of Afghan men who were waiting outside the base in the city of Khost, in Khost province, before triggering an explosive strapped to his chest, said Jamal Arsalah, the province's governor.
Maj. Matt Hackathorn, a US military spokesman confirmed the blast, but said that there were no US military casualties known so far.
Jamal said the men were daily workers, lining up to get into the base at the time of the blast.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>