Attack on bus in northern Sri Lanka kills at least five

By
December 5, 2007 18:14

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

A land mine struck a passenger bus carrying civilians in northern Sri Lanka in an attack that killed at least five people and wounded 25 others Wednesday night, the military said. The bus had been heading north from the agricultural town of Kabithigollewa near rebel-controlled areas when it was hit by the blast, said military spokesman Brig. Udaya Nanayakkara. Initial reports said five people were killed and 25 were wounded, he said.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

swimming pool under water illustrative
January 17, 2019
Australian MP: Malaysian PM is “Malay bigot” for banning Israeli athletes

By SARA RUBENSTEIN