Australia: Indian charged over UK terror plot

By
July 14, 2007 02:35

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Australian federal police on Wednesday charged an Indian doctor with providing support to a terrorist organization, it has been released for publication Friday overnight. Muhammad Haneef, 27, was charged over his alleged involvement in the failed bomb attacks in London and Glasgow on June 29 and 30. "He has been charged with providing support to a terrorist organization," federal police said in a statement released Saturday. The maximum penalty is 15 years in prison. Haneef, who has already been held in custody for more than a week, was expected to appear before the Brisbane Magistrates Court in southeastern Queensland state on Saturday.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Spokesperson Heather Nauert (L) speaks as U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo
December 12, 2018
Effort to thwart Iranian missiles 'futile' so far, Pompeo says

By MICHAEL WILNER