Bosnia: Over 1,000 bodies found in mass grave

By
August 17, 2006 19:39

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

The bodies of more than 1,000 victims of the 1995 Srebrenica massacre have been exhumed from Bosnia's biggest mass grave, forensic experts said Thursday. Experts began digging in June in the vicinity of the eastern Bosnian village of Kamenica, near the border with Serbia, where they previously had found eight other mass graves. From this grave, the team exhumed 144 complete and 1,009 partial skeletons. "This is the largest mass grave so far found in Bosnia-Herzegovina," said Murat Hurtic, head of the forensics team.

Related Content

August 20, 2018
Report: Jeremy Corbyn attended conference with senior Hamas figures

By JULIANE HELMHOLD