In a rare interview with an Arabic satellite news station, US President George W. Bush denied that the United States is gearing up to attack Iran and said he remains committed to working diplomatically to resolve the standoff with Teheran over its nuclear program.
Bush, in an hour-long interview with Al-Arabiya TV, also reiterated his pledge to negotiate with Iran if it gives up its nuclear program.
"I have said that if they suspend their nuclear program, we will be at the table," Bush said, according to a transcript of the interview the White House released on Friday. "But they have so far refused to do that."
Bush brushed off as "gossip" reports in the Arab press that he has issued orders to senior US military officials to prepare for an attack on Iran at the end of January or in February.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>