China denies extending invitation to Zahar

By
April 4, 2006 18:32

Chinese embassy spokesman Lu Jing on Tuesday denied Hamas Palestinian Authority foreign minister Mahmoud al-Zahar's claim that he had been invited to China. "No, never," Lu replied when asked if Beijing had followed Turkey and Russia's lead and invited a high-ranking Hamas official for talks in Beijing. He also said he did not know of any intention to invite a Hamas official in the near future. Zahar, after meeting in Gaza with Yang Wei Guo, the Chinese representative to the PA, told reporters he was going to China.


Related Content

US President Donald Trump
June 21, 2018
Trump reverses on family separations

By MICHAEL WILNER