China throws support behind new West Bank gov't

By
June 19, 2007 12:49

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

China on Tuesday expressed support for Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas' new government, the latest in international affirmation for the political body. Abbas expelled Hamas from the Palestinian Authority government last week after the Islamist group routed his forces in Gaza, leaving the chairman's more moderate Fatah movement in control of the West Bank. "We support the establishment of the national unity government," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Qin Gang said. "The Chinese government and the Chinese people have all along supported the just cause of the Palestinian people," he said at a regular briefing. "As long as it is in the legitimate rights and interests of Palestinian people, we will support them firmly."

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Khashoggie Saudi Arabian Consulate
November 18, 2018
Khashoggi killers possibly took his dismembered body out of country

By REUTERS