'Dangerous' Naples crime boss is captured after 7 years as fugitive

By
December 15, 2007 15:44

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

A fugitive described as possibly Naples' most dangerous crime boss has been captured on the outskirts of that southern city, authorities said Saturday. Police had been following the trail of Edoardo Contini for more than a year, the Interior Ministry said. Investigators believe Contini used alliances with other bosses to keep directing extortion rackets and drug trafficking for the Camorra, Naples' crime syndicate organization, while on the run since 2000. "Contini had become perhaps the most dangerous boss in Naples," said a statement from Interior Minister Giuliano Amato and Deputy Minister Marco Minniti. The city has been traumatized by several bloody clan feuds.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

December 14, 2018
U.N. adopts breakthrough convention to address world migration crisis

By VICTOR CABRERA/THE MEDIA LINE