Denmark: Two terror suspects released

By
October 27, 2006 16:43

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Police on Friday released two men arrested in an anti-terror sweep last month but said they remained suspects in the investigation. Five other men are being held on suspicion they were planning a terror attack. The suspects were arrested in a Sept. 5 raid in the central city of Odense, in which police also seized material they said could be used to make explosives. "The police and the prosecution have decided that there are no more reasons to keep two of them in custody," said Arne Gram of the Odense Police. "This has no consequences for the five others." Justice Minister Lene Espersen has said the suspects were planning a terror attack, most likely in Denmark.

Related Content

People walk past a building one day after air strikes destroyed it in Sanaa, Yemen June 6, 2018.
July 18, 2018
The Damage Of Dammaj: How Sectarian Tensions Fuel ISIS In Yemen

By FELICE FRIEDSON AND JOSHUA A. HOLMES/THE MEDIA LINE