EU draft statement calls for immediate cease-fire

By
August 1, 2006 15:12

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

A European Union draft statement being discussed by EU foreign ministers Tuesday calls for "an immediate cease-fire" in the fighting between Israel and Hizbullah. "The (EU) Council calls for an immediate cease-fire," the document said. All EU ministers have to agree on the statement before it is issued, an EU official said. Britain has so far been hesitant to call for an immediate halt to the fighting.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

People gather at a vigil to mourn for the victims of the Christchurch mosque attack in New Zealand
July 18, 2019
Jewish communities give $700,000 to victims of New Zealand mosque attacks

By HENRY BENJAMIN/JTA

Cookie Settings