Fire in Czech nuclear station compound put out

By
August 8, 2007 15:20

A fire broke out in an air-drying unit inside the Temelin nuclear station compound Tuesday afternoon, and was quickly put out by the station's staff, a spokesman said Wednesday. The incident posed no danger to the plant's operation and safety, Temelin spokesman Marek Svitak said. The fire was caused by the overheating of the components in an air-drying station about 1 kilometer (700 yards) outside the actual reactor building, Svitak said.


Related Content

Temporary logo for 2019 Eurovision in Israel
June 20, 2018
Eurovision 2019 planning officially kicks off

By AMY SPIRO