Four French hostages kidnapped in Yemen released

By
September 25, 2006 14:28

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

The four French tourists kidnapped by Yemeni tribesmen have been freed, the Yemeni official news agency reported Monday. The SABA news agency did not provide additional details on the release of the four men, captured more than two weeks ago in Shabwa province, southeast of the capital San'a. Awad Ibnawazeer, a lawmaker mediating to secure the hostages' freedom, told The Associated Press they had been released into his care. "After hard and tiring negotiations throughout the night, an agreement was reached to free the hostages," Ibnawazeer said.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Crime scene [illustrative]
September 20, 2018
Multiple victims reported in shooting in Maryland

By REUTERS