Germany arrests suspect in attempted bombing

By
August 19, 2006 21:34

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

German authorities on Saturday arrested a suspect in the attempted bombing last month of two regional trains, federal prosecutors said. The man was believed to be one of two seen in a video recording from Cologne's main station on July 31, prosecutors said. Both trains passed through the station before the suitcase bombs, made with gas canisters, were found. In a statement, prosecutors gave no further details on the suspect, who was arrested early Saturday at the main station in the Baltic Sea port city of Kiel. Police closed off the station during their operation to ensure there was no "danger to the public," they said.

Related Content

ireland
July 17, 2018
What Ireland's Boycott Bill Means For Israel

By CHARLES BYBELEZER/THE MEDIA LINE