Iran denies it is ready for talks with the US

By
April 29, 2007 14:57

Iran on Sunday denied it was ready for negotiations with the United States, with a top envoy telling state media that such comments by the EU foreign policy supremo were wrong. Javier Solana, the EU's foreign and security affairs chief, told a conference in Brussels last week that he came away from two days of talks with Iran's top nuclear negotiator believing that Iran's supreme leader Ali Khameini was ready for direct talks with Washington. The Iranian who met Solana in Ankara, Turkey, last week, Ali Larijani, told the official Islamic Republic News Agency on Sunday that the European's comments had taken him by surprise. "Such a topic was not raised in the talks, and Solana's interpretation is incorrect," Larijani told IRNA.


Related Content

Kim Jong-Un
August 25, 2019
Kim Jong Un oversees test of 'super-large multiple rocket launcher' - KCNA

By REUTERS

Cookie Settings