Israelis unharmed in Turkish hotel gas blast

March 29, 2007 08:42


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief


A liquefied petroleum gas tank exploded at a five-star Mediterranean hotel on Thursday, killing a Turk and injuring 10 people, including five tourists, private Dogan news agency reported. The explosion damaged the kitchen and the restaurant of the Kaya Hotel in the resort town of Belek, know to be popular with Israeli, German and Russian tourists, near the city of Antalya. A butcher in the kitchen was killed, and five other staff members and five tourists, three Germans and two Russians, were injured, Dogan said. Ambulances and firefighters rushed to the scene to evacuate the hotel, CNN-Turk and private NTV televisions said. CNN-Turk said workers replaced a giant liquefied petroleum gas tank at the hotel only days ago.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

French Gendarmes patrol past wooden barracks shops after a shooting in Strasbourg, France
December 13, 2018
French police ready to take Strasbourg shooter dead or alive