A Kuwaiti diplomat who was assaulted in front of his country's embassy in Iran arrived home for a medical checkup on Wednesday and was greeted at the airport by his foreign minister who said Kuwait was "very angered" by the attack.
Muhammad al-Zobi, the second secretary at the Kuwaiti embassy in Teheran, had bruises on his forehead and nose. He said the embassy had been "besieged" at one point on Tuesday, but did not provide any other detail on his assault.
The diplomat's beating up "was not an attack on an individual, it was an attack on Kuwait, and Kuwait is very angered by what happened," Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammed al-Sabah told reporters at the airport.
Sheikh Muhammad accused the perpetrators of seeking to "undermine Kuwaiti-Iranian ties." He hoped the attack was an isolated incident and that the perpetrators would be found and prosecuted.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>