London Islamic school cleared in textbook fuss

By
February 21, 2007 20:38

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Government inspectors on Wednesday cleared a private Saudi-funded Islamic school of any wrongdoing regarding a complaint about textbooks that allegedly criticized other faiths. A former teacher at the King Fahad Academy in London had claimed students were taught from books that described Jews as "repugnant" and Christians as "pigs." The school removed the books from circulation, but the government ordered Britain's education watchdog, the Office for Standards in Education, to investigate, and inspectors visited the school without warning last week. The watchdog's report to the government said: "The quality of education is satisfactory, as at the time of the previous inspection. The school meets all the regulations concerning pupils' spiritual, moral, social and cultural education."

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Spokesperson Heather Nauert (L) speaks as U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo
December 12, 2018
Effort to thwart Iranian missiles 'futile' so far, Pompeo says

By MICHAEL WILNER