Malaysia: N. Korea can't be threatened with force

By
October 14, 2006 12:27

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Malaysia urged world powers Saturday not to consider using force against North Korea following its claimed nuclear test, saying military action had previously failed to resolve problems in Iraq. "The mistakes made with Iraq shouldn't be repeated, now that North Korea has nuclear weapons," Malaysia's Foreign Minister Syed Hamid Albar was quoted as saying by the national news agency, Bernama. "Even now, peace has not been achieved in Iraq." Syed Hamid, whose country opposed the US-led invasion of Iraq, called on the United Nations to maintain diplomatic measures in dealing with North Korea, stressing that any military conflict would endanger regional security. North Korea should heed international criticism over the nuclear test it said it conducted Monday, and return to six-party talks on its nuclear program, Syed Hamid said.

Related Content

August 14, 2018
China confirms: Millions of Uighur Muslims are in internment camps

By REUTERS