Malaysia: Slain terrorist not funded by locals

By
November 17, 2005 05:06
1 minute read.

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Malaysia has denied claims that a slain terrorist had received funds from Malaysian sympathizers while coordinating bombings in Indonesia that killed more than 200 people, news reports said Thursday. Azahari bin Husin - a Malaysian alleged to have been an explosives expert for al-Qaida-linked southeast Asian terror group Jema'ah Islamiyah, was shot by Indonesian police last week as he reached to detonate a suicide belt. The Indonesian police have since launched a massive manhunt to capture his alleged accomplice Noordin Mohamad Top, a Malaysian. A report in the Indonesia's "Media Indonesia" newspaper on Tuesday claimed that Azahari and Noordin received funds from sympathizers in Malaysia after the two fled to Indonesia in 2001, following a Malaysian crackdown against suspected Islamic gunmen. Malaysia's Deputy Internal Security Minister Noh Omar said his government had no evidence that Azahari and Noordin operated in Indonesia with money from Malaysia, the New Straits Times newspaper reported.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Yitzhak Rabin
September 22, 2018
The Olso Agreement was assassinated with Rabin

By JPOST.COM STAFF