Workers recovered more human remains from several manholes as the city began a new search for Sept. 11 victims, utility and city officials said on Saturday night.
The search was prompted by the surprise discovery of dozens of bones in an abandoned manhole this week.
Officials hand-removed material from other manholes after tearing into the pavement on a service road along the site's western edge. It was then sifted onsite by forensic officials for fragments of human remains, said deputy mayor Edward Skyler.
City officials said that about 15 more pieces of remains had been recovered, bringing the total to nearly 100 this week.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>