The only surviving suspected gunman in last year's terrorist attacks in Mumbai pleaded not guilty Wednesday to all charges against him, including waging war against India and murder.
Prosecutors told the court that Mohammed Ajmal Kasab was one of 10 attackers responsible for killing 166 people and wounding 234 more during the three-day siege of India's financial capital last November. Nine other suspected gunmen were killed during the attacks.
Judge M.L. Tahiliyani, who is presiding over the trial, read out all the charges against Kasab in a Mumbai courtroom Wednesday. Kasab responded with a plea of not guilty and said, "I don't accept these charges."
Kasab will face the death penalty if convicted.