New ISIS propaganda video threatens attack on White House

The latest threat comes one day after the militant group put out a video showing scenes of New York City, which suggested it was also a target.

By REUTERS
November 20, 2015 00:43
1 minute read.
isis

ISIS sets sites on Washington in new video. (photo credit: ISLAMIC SOCIAL MEDIA)

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

WASHINGTON - ISIS militants released a video on Thursday threatening the White House with suicide bombings and car blasts and vowing to conduct more attacks on France.

The six-minute video released by Islamic State fighters in Iraq applauds last week's Paris attacks, according to a translation of the Arabic provided by the Maryland-based SITE Intelligence Group.

Be the first to know - Join our Facebook page.


The latest threat comes one day after the militant group put out a video showing scenes of New York City, which suggested it was also a target.

Islamic State, which controls a large territory in Syria and Iraq, has claimed responsibility for last Friday's attacks in Paris in which 129 people were killed.

FBI Director James Comey said on Thursday he was not aware of any credible threat of a "Paris-type attack" in the United States.

State Department spokesman John Kirby told CNN that Thursday's video was being examined to determine its "veracity." "Everybody here in the United States government are taking these threats seriously," he said.

The US Department of Homeland Security did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the video.



The video opens with television news clips of the Paris attacks and then shows two militants separately speaking to the camera.

Titled "Paris Before Rome," the video shows an Islamic State fighter threatening to "pound" French monuments and vowing to strike at the White House.

"We will blow it up, the same as we blew up the idols in this good land," one fighter says, referring to the White House.

The second fighter threatens US President Barack Obama and French President Francois Hollande. "We will grill them ... with (explosive) belts and car bombs."

On Wednesday, the terror group released a video making similar threats towards the nation's capital.

Related Content

Angela Merkel
August 21, 2018
More refugees find jobs in Germany, integration going 'pretty well'

By REUTERS