French police took 13 people into custody Monday in connection with the bombing last year of a Basque country resort run at the time by celebrity chef Alain Ducasse, prosecutors said.
Two small bombs exploded in June 2006 at two unoccupied villas of the hillside resort, Ostape. The bombings caused limited damage, and no one was hurt.
Some 200 police were mobilized for Monday's arrests, an operation led by two anti-terrorism magistrates, the Paris prosecutor's office said. The motive for the attack was not clear, but Basque nationalist militants are present in the region.
The prosecutor's office said police were searching suspects' homes.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>