Prodi demands concession, apology from Berlusconi

By
April 16, 2006 04:04

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Center-left leader Romano Prodi demanded anew that Premier Silvio Berlusconi concede defeat in Italy's tight election and apologize for claiming there had been fraud in the voting. "He must acknowledge how things went and, I believe, apologize as well after what he said about fraud," Prodi told reporters Saturday, speaking from Bologna, where he lives. Final results are yet to be released as electoral officials examine contested ballots. Berlusconi said earlier this week that there had been fraud in the elections, but quickly backed away from his comments. The conservative premier made no public comment Saturday, after describing himself late Friday as a "fighter" and an "optimist." A letter from him published in Italy's main daily, Corriere della Sera, indicated he was digging in, for now.

Related Content

July 23, 2018
Gunman dead after shooting 14, killing one, in Toronto

By REUTERS