Qantas grounds six planes to check maintenance files

By
August 13, 2008 06:02

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Australia's airline safety body said Wednesday it would expand its investigation of Qantas after the company announced it temporarily pulled six aircraft from service because of irregularities in maintenance records. Three flights were canceled Tuesday night after Qantas pulled the planes. It was the latest in a spate of incidents with the airline since one of its planes made an emergency landing in Manila last month after an explosion tore a large hole in the fuselage. Qantas said the six B737-400s would be removed from service while the airline cross-checks maintenance records relating to work carried out at one of its Australian facilities.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Flowers are seen near the site of Friday's shooting, outside Al Noor mosque in Christchurch, New Zea
July 21, 2019
New Zealanders hand over 10,000-plus guns and weapons parts in buy-back scheme

By REUTERS

Cookie Settings