US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said in an interview with American newspaper USA Today that no one expects the UN force being sent to southern Lebanon to take responsibility for disarming Hizbullah, Army Radio reported Thursday.
Rice said that the pressure on Hizbullah to disarm had been increased, and that hopefully that, along with the arms embargo imposed by the UN Security Council, would deter them from rearming via Syria and Iran.
She added that Hizbullah would have to give the Lebanese people an answer to question, "what have we achieved? Hundreds of thousands of Lebanese were displaced from their homes, houses were destroyed, and entire communities were hurt. These are the achievements of Hizbullah."