There are no particular signs that North Korea is preparing for a second nuclear test, officials in the South said Friday, dismissing a US television news report.
ABC News reported Thursday that the communist regime appeared to have made preparations for another nuclear test and that the preparations were similar to the steps Pyongyang took before its first nuclear detonation on Oct. 9. The report cited unnamed US defense officials.
"Some unidentified activities have been detected around a suspected test site but so far there are no particular indications directly linked to an additional nuclear test," Cho Hee-yong, a spokesman for South Korea's Foreign Ministry, told The Associated Press.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>