A South Korean man kidnapped by the communist North more than 30 years ago has escaped and is now safe with South Korean authorities in China, an activist said Saturday.
Lee Han-seop, 59, fled the North last month and is at a South Korean consulate in China, said Choi Sung-yong, the head of a group of relatives of South Koreans allegedly kidnapped by the North.
The activist declined to specify which consulate Lee was staying in, out of concerns for the escapee's safety.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>