Scattered attacks on cars continue in Belgium

By JPOST.COM STAFF
November 9, 2005 23:39
1 minute read.

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Scattered attacks on cars and the torching of property continued for a fourth day across Belgium Wednesday, but the intensity was still incomparable to the rioting in neighboring France. More than half a dozen fires were reported in several cities, including the capital, but no one was injured. Police detained several suspects, including three in Brussels, government spokesman Peter Mertens said. About 15 fires in all were reported in several cities scattered around the nation Tuesday night, but all were isolated incidents of local youths and no major confrontations with police were reported. On Sunday and Monday, a dozen cars were set alight.



More about:Belgium, Brussels, France

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Spokesperson Heather Nauert (L) speaks as U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo
December 12, 2018
Effort to thwart Iranian missiles 'futile' so far, Pompeo says

By MICHAEL WILNER