Spain halts talks with ETA after bomb wounds 26

By
December 31, 2006 03:42

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

A powerful car bomb exploded at Madrid's international airport, wounding 26 people in an attack blamed on the Basque separatist group ETA and bringing a nine-month long cease-fire to an abrupt end. The Spanish government announced it was suspending plans for negotiations with ETA after the bombing on Saturday. Two people were still missing hours after the explosion. "As the conditions that we laid down have not come about, I have ordered the suspension of all initiatives to develop a dialogue," Prime Minister Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero said. "The government considers that today's attack is incompatible with a permanent cease-fire." "Today's action is the most mistaken and useless step the terrorists could have taken" said Zapatero.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

 World War Two Norwegian resistance fighter Joachim Roenneberg holds up a Union flag, which had been
October 21, 2018
World War II hero who prevented Nazis from getting nuclear bomb dies

By REUTERS