Swedish airport cleared due to bomber alert

By
November 11, 2005 15:25
1 minute read.

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

A regional airport in central Sweden has been evacuated after an airline employee reported that a suspected suicide bomber had been spotted, police said. The airport in Karlstad was evacuated at 1:40 p.m. (1240GMT), after a Scandinavian Airlines employee reported that "a possible suicide candidate" had been spotted at the airport, police spokeswoman Yvonne Carlsten said. She said police and airport officials immediately evacuated the airport, but that no arrests had been made. Carlsten said the SAS employee had seen a suspicious person walking through the airport, but that it was unclear why the individual was believed to be a suicide bomber. "We are viewing the situation as very serious," Carlsten said.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Cal Fire firefighters comb through a house destroyed by the Camp Fire in Paradise
November 15, 2018
Eight more victims of California wildfire found, raising death toll to 56

By REUTERS