Eight men arrested in Sydney last month and charged with plotting a catastrophic terror attack are being held in inhumane conditions, their lawyer said Monday.
Houda was speaking after the court ordered the men's detention extended at least until their next hearing on January 17. The suspects were not in court Monday.
He did not immediately elaborate on his complaints but said he would detail them in complaints to state authorities later Monday.
The eight Sydney men are alleged to have been part of an extremist Islamic group stockpiling bomb-making chemicals and carrying out surveillance at a nuclear reactor on the edge of Sydney as a possible target.
They were among 17 suspects arrested November 8 in a string of pre-dawn raids in Sydney and the southern city of Melbourne, including a prominent radical Muslim cleric.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>