Syrian president in Yemen for talks on Lebanon

By
December 16, 2006 16:03

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Syrian President Bashar Assad arrived Saturday in the Yemeni port city of Aden for talks with his counterpart Ali Abdullah Saleh on the Lebanese crisis. Assad, who is accompanied by several Cabinet members including the minister of interior, last visited Yemen in 2001. His trip is scheduled to last two days. Assad and Saleh will hold talks on the Lebanon crisis, the deteriorating security situation in Iraq and the countries' bilateral relations, said a Yemen foreign ministry official who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the press. Both Syria and Yemen are the temporary homes to Iraqis close to the deposed regime of Saddam Hussein.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Spokesperson Heather Nauert (L) speaks as U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo
December 12, 2018
Effort to thwart Iranian missiles 'futile' so far, Pompeo says

By MICHAEL WILNER