Terror charge against doctor dropped in UK plot

By
July 27, 2007 10:02

Australia's top prosecutor on Friday dropped a terror charge against an Indian doctor accused of supporting last month's failed bomb attacks on London and Glasgow, Scotland. Prosecutors withdrew the charge against Mohamed Haneef in the Brisbane Magistrates Court after a review of the evidence by the federal Director of Public Prosecutions Damian Bugg found two major errors in the case. "In my view, there is insufficient evidence to establish the elements of the offense," Bugg told reporters in Canberra, adding that he was satisfied there was "no reasonable prospect of conviction." "On my view of the matter, a mistake has been made," he said.


Related Content

April 25, 2018
Paralyzed man finishes London Marathon aided by Israeli robotic suit

By TAMAR BEN-OZER

Israel Weather
  • 13 - 22
    Beer Sheva
    16 - 21
    Tel Aviv - Yafo
  • 12 - 19
    Jerusalem
    15 - 23
    Haifa
  • 18 - 28
    Elat
    16 - 29
    Tiberias