Two men arrested in UK anti-terror raid released

By
June 9, 2006 23:35

Two men arrested in a London anti-terror raid last week in which one of the suspects was shot and wounded were released without charge Friday, police said. Police had said they launched the June 2 raid, whose violence outraged many British Muslims, because of intelligence suggesting there was a risk that one of the men had built an explosive device that could release a toxic chemical gas. Officers stormed into a row house in east London, shooting a 23-year-old man in circumstances that remain unclear and then arresting him and his 20-year-old brother. London's Metropolitan Police said both suspects were freed Friday evening. Police, who did not publicly identify the men, said in a statement that detectives were still developing the intelligence they had received and would "continue to exhaust all lines of inquiry."


Related Content

May 25, 2018
Two men set off bomb in restaurant in Canada, 15 wounded

By REUTERS