UK: Cabinet documents call for anti-terror policy

By
October 29, 2006 00:31

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Britain's government is looking at reforming its foreign policy to focus on reducing terrorism around the world, a Sunday newspaper reported. The Sunday Telegraph said it had obtained Cabinet documents suggesting the government aim for a "significant reduction in the number and intensity of the regional conflicts that fuel terror activity," and said that in an ideal world, "the Muslim would not perceive [Britain] and its foreign policies as hostile." The memo, which the newspaper said was circulated to Cabinet ministers and security officials, also set out a sort of political wish list - which includes stability in Iraq and Afghanistan, peace in the Middle East, and a nuclear-free Iran. The newspaper quoted the memo as saying that Britain's future actions overseas should be designed to reduce "terror activity, especially that in or directed against [Britain]."

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Spokesperson Heather Nauert (L) speaks as U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo
December 12, 2018
Effort to thwart Iranian missiles 'futile' so far, Pompeo says

By MICHAEL WILNER