US: 50 Taliban killed in s. Afghanistan battle

By
July 26, 2007 08:38

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

US-led coalition forces and Afghan troops clashed with militants in southern Afghanistan overnight, leaving more than 50 suspected Taliban dead, the coalition said Thursday. The 12-hour-long battle that ended early Thursday targeted 16 compounds from where militants had been attacking the troops in Helmand province and included airstrikes, said the coalition in a statement. "Coalition air support dropped two bombs on the compounds with the greatest concentration of insurgents," the statement said. "Both compounds produced significant secondary explosions immediately suggesting a large quantity of explosive material was present in each."

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Protesters with painted faces pray in Cambodia
November 16, 2018
U.N.-Cambodia convicts two ex-Khmer Rouge leaders of genocide

By REUTERS