A Yemeni-American who was placed on the FBI's list of 26 "most wanted" terrorism suspects after tunneling out of a Yemeni jail with other convicted al-Qaida prisoners last year has surrendered to authorities, Interior Minister Rashad al-Olaimi said Thursday. The Yemeni minister said Jaber A. Elbaneh and another escapee whom he did not name turned themselves in "recently." He did not provide any other details. Elbaneh, a 40-year-old US citizen of Yemeni origin, is wanted in Buffalo, New York, on a 2002 charge of providing material support to a terrorist organization. The US State Department issued a reward of up to US$5 million for Elbaneh's capture in September 2003. The FBI placed him on the most wanted list after he and 22 other al-Qaida prisoners broke out of their Yemeni jail in February 2006 by digging a tunnel that led to a nearby mosque.