Iran accuses US of supporting group that bombed mosque last month

By
May 21, 2008 22:44

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Iranian television says the Foreign Ministry has issued a protest against the United States for allegedly supporting a group accused of a mosque bombing last month that killed 14 people and injured more than 200. The report said the ministry summoned the Swiss Charge d'Affairs in Tehran to convey the protest because Switzerland looks after US interests in Iran in the absence of diplomatic relations between Tehran and Washington. The mosque bombing on April 12 was in the normally peaceful southern city of Shiraz. Earlier this month, Iran alleged those responsible had ties to the West.

Related Content

Bushehr nuclear Iranian
August 5, 2014
Iran and the bomb: The future of negotiations

By YONAH JEREMY BOB