Elderly Rishon man found dead

June 30, 2006 03:24
1 minute read.


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief


Less than twelve hours after the Aksa Martyrs Brigades announced that they had kidnapped an elderly Rishon Lezion resident, police search teams discovered the man's body in a field not far from his house, proving the terror organization's announcement false. 62-year-old Noah Moskovitch had been missing for two days when police and family members decided Wednesday to make public Moskovitch's disappearance in the hopes of helping to locate the man. Two hours after police asked the public for help in locating the man, including Moskovitch's age and place of residence in the announcement, the Aksa Martyrs Brigades announced that they had kidnapped a Rishon Lezion resident in his sixties. Throughout the night, teams from the police, IDF and Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency) investigated the claims, trying to retrace Moskovitch's steps, but coming up with no information other than the claim that indicated that he had indeed been kidnapped. Meanwhile, police and volunteers continued searching overnight for the missing man. Early Thursday morning, a police helicopter crew flying low over the area surrounding Moskovitch's house identified a body in a field, near the local cemetery. Emergency response teams arriving on the scene identified the man as Moskovitch. No sign of foul play was found, and police said that the 62-year-old had a long history of strokes and of periods of confusion. While the cause of death is being investigated, police said that they believed that Moskovitch suffered a fatal stroke or heart attack while taking a walk. Moskovitch's wife died recently, and police were checking whether he may have tried to walk to the nearby cemetery to visit her grave.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Jisr az-Zarq
April 3, 2014
Residents of Jisr az-Zarqa beckon Israel Trail hikers to enjoy their town


Cookie Settings