Four Kassams land in western Negev

Two rocket attacks hit Israel Tuesday; Tanzim terror suspects arrested.

February 6, 2007 12:08
1 minute read.
troops in nablus operation, hospital, 298 ap

troops in nablus operati. (photo credit: AP)


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief


Two Kassam rockets landed Tuesday afternoon in the western Negev. No one was reported wounded, but damage was caused to buildings in one of the kibbutzim in the region. Earlier, three Kassams landed in the western Negev. One of the rockets landed next to a kibbutz in the northwestern Negev, while another hit the fence surrounding a strategic facility in an industrial zone south of Ashkelon. A third Kassam landed in open territory. No one was wounded and no damage reported. Elsewhere, elite Border Police troops in coordination with the Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency) arrested on Tuesday morning two Tanzim terror suspects during an operation in Nablus. The troops surrounded a building in the Rafidia neighborhood of Nablus in which the two suspects had holed up, and called on them to surrender. A third man tried to escape and was subsequently shot in the leg by soldiers. The two operatives, who surrendered to the troops after a brief standoff, were identified by the IDF as Ahsan Azam Abed Al Gaber Haraz, a 21-year-old resident of Nablus, and Abed Al Gaber Rashid Abed Al Gaber Fukah, a 20-year-old resident of the Tulkarm area. The IDF said that Haraz was involved in planning a suicide bomb attack against an Israeli target and was planning a roadside bomb attack against IDF troops patrolling in the area of Elon Moreh. Fukah was involved in an attempt to smuggle an explosive device out of Nablus, the army said. The device was captured by IDF troops at the Ein Bidan crossing, which was recently reopened to ease travel restrictions on Palestinians in the area. The intent was to plant the device on one of the roads in the area of Tulkarm.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Jisr az-Zarq
April 3, 2014
Residents of Jisr az-Zarqa beckon Israel Trail hikers to enjoy their town