Galilee man infected by bacteria while swimming

By JPOST.COM STAFF
August 7, 2007 11:50

A 25-year-old Galilee resident was hospitalized in serious condition on Monday night after he was infected with a carnivorous bacteria while swimming in the Kinneret, it was reported on Tuesday morning. Doctors believed the young man had been stabbed by a fish's fin, and that the bacteria, which is common in fresh water during the summer, entered the wound.


Related Content

Jisr az-Zarq
April 3, 2014
Residents of Jisr az-Zarqa beckon Israel Trail hikers to enjoy their town

By SHARON UDASIN

Cookie Settings