Inbal Amram's murderer convicted

Muhammad Jahidi killed her after she resisted his attempt to steal her car.

October 31, 2006 13:17
1 minute read.
Inbal Amram's murderer convicted

inbal amram. (photo credit: Channel 1)


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

The Tel Aviv District Court on Tuesday convicted Muhammad Jahidi of the murder of Inbal Amram, who was killed seven months ago during a failed carjacking. As part of a plea bargain, Jahidi admitted to a string of offenses including kidnapping, burning the body, robbery, and illegal residency in Israel. After his confession, the sides asked the court to sentence him to just one life term. He will be sentenced on November 14. Jahidi, a 20-year-old resident of Kalkilya, was arrested by the Israel Security Agency (Shin Bet) in April for stabbing Amram to death. Amram was on her way to pick up her sister from a party near her house in Petah Tikva when Jahidi approached her and tried to steal the car. Amram apparently fought him, and he pushed her into the vehicle. She continued to resist as Jahidi drove away, at which point he stabbed her. After she was stabbed, Amram began bleeding all over the seat. When Jahidi realized she was about to die, he drove to an open field in Ramat Aviv Gimel and attempted to torch the car with Amram inside. When he failed to set it on fire, he left the car and fled back to his home. The police tracked him down using fingerprints he had left at the scene. During his interrogation, Jahidi said he hadn't meant to kill her, just steal the car. Her family reported her missing when she didn't arrive to pick up her sister, but Amram was only discovered two days later after a search was begun, as per regulations, 48 hours after the missing persons report was filed.

Related Content

Jisr az-Zarq
April 3, 2014
Residents of Jisr az-Zarqa beckon Israel Trail hikers to enjoy their town