Jetskier found after 5-hour ordeal

Man rescued 3 km from shore after drifting on Lake Kinneret.

September 30, 2006 22:33
Jetskier found after 5-hour ordeal

kinneret 88. (photo credit: )


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief


A jet-skiing accident on Lake Kinneret Saturday afternoon finished with a happy ending when police located a missing man in the water five hours later. The man, a 29-year-old Kiryat Motzkin resident, was riding on a jet ski with two friends when it overturned 1.5 km. from the Tiberias shore. Two of the men were thrown from the craft and quickly drifted away. The third man alerted police, who scrambled three boats. After two hours, police located one of the men, healthy but exhausted, 4 km. away from the shore. As darkness fell over the lake, hopes for the second man dwindled. Police requested help from the IAF, which promptly sent a rescue helicopter and airplanes. Five hours after the initial collision, the crew of one of the police boats heard a man yelling for help, and found the missing man adrift in the water. An officer at the scene said the victim was exhausted and panicked, but otherwise fine. Marine police said the young men's adherence to safety standards had prevented a tragedy. "The life jackets are the main reason that the victim survived in the water for five hours," they said.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Jisr az-Zarq
April 3, 2014
Residents of Jisr az-Zarqa beckon Israel Trail hikers to enjoy their town


Cookie Settings