Olmert tells Cabinet ME peace conference won't replace direct talks

By
October 7, 2007 11:52

Prime Minister Ehud Olmert told his Cabinet on Sunday that an upcoming US-sponsored Mideast peace conference will not replace direct negotiations with the Palestinians, and that his talks with Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas have produced no agreements so far. At the start of Sunday's regularly scheduled Cabinet meeting, Olmert told ministers that his talks with Abbas have been "mostly brainstorming and an attempt to understand the other's viewpoint." "There have been no agreements or deals," he said. While the international conference is designed to promote peacemaking, "it will in no way replace direct negotiations with the Palestinians," Olmert said.


Related Content

Jisr az-Zarq
April 3, 2014
Residents of Jisr az-Zarqa beckon Israel Trail hikers to enjoy their town

By SHARON UDASIN