Palestinian teen killed in IDF operation

Rocks, bombs thrown at IDF, surrounding a house where fugitives were hiding.

August 26, 2006 21:09
1 minute read.


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief


A 16-year-old Palestinian was killed and 20 others wounded on Saturday during an IDF arrest raid in Nablus, doctors from a local hospital said. IDF sources said that soldiers shot and killed the Palestinian after he threw an explosive device at troops. It was possible, they said, that he was 16. Early Saturday, security forces surrounded a four-story building where the army said two Palestinian fugitives were hiding. Troops called on the fugitives to surrender, and brought in bulldozers that started chipping away at the walls of the building, witnesses said. The fugitives, it turned out, were not in the building, the IDF announced Saturday night. The army said Palestinians fired at the troops and in two cases also hurled explosive devices. Troops fired back, wounding a Palestinian in the lower part of his body, the army said. Majdi Libadi, 34, the owner of the house, said no one fired at the Israeli force, but that dozens of teens threw stones. Meanwhile late Friday night, security forces arrested two Hamas terror suspects in the Gaza Strip. The two were transferred to the Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency) for questioning. Also on Friday IAF fighter jets bombed a weapons storehouse in the Gaza Strip. Palestinian sources said that two people were wounded lightly in the strike.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Jisr az-Zarq
April 3, 2014
Residents of Jisr az-Zarqa beckon Israel Trail hikers to enjoy their town